Project Coordinator សំរាប់ Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)
|ថ្ងៃទី 13 ខែ តុលា ឆ្នាំ2019|
$700 - $800
The Tonle Sap Landscape consists of a number of sites that taken together represent all the major habitats in the Tonle Sap lake and floodplain. These sites support some of Cambodia’s most threatened bird species, as well as other species of conservation concern. They are also vital habitats for fish, which provide food to local people who also depend on rice. In the Tonle Sap Landscape the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) works in partnership with the Department of Freshwater Wetlands Conservation in the Ministry of Environment, Kompong Thom provincial government, NGO partners and local communities to implement biodiversity monitoring, community conservation and law enforcement activities at three main sites across the landscape.
At Ang Trapaing Thmor Protected Landscape (ATTPL), WCS aims to protect an important non-breeding season concentration of Sarus Cranes, Eld’s Deer and a large number of waterbirds in the freshwater wetland. WCS requires a ATT Project Coordinator to overse and input all aspects of project implementation in Ang Trapaing Thmor under direct support from Landscape Technical Advisor and Landscape Manager. Success in this role is dependent on an interest in community-based wildlife conservation, motivation to work for long periods in rural areas, and a strong willingness to learn new skills.
Protected area management and law enforcement
- Assist Technical Advisors and project managers by reviewing individual plan, managing performance, providing induction, training, coaching, mentoring advice ensure that understand carry out responsibilities the required standards.
- Provide field supervision to rangers, team leaders, community rangers in the form direct training, coaching, other forms capacity building in:
- The design and deliver basic training programs as required
- Station area management: including law enforcement planning and use of planning tools, patrol preparation and execution, and reporting
- General station management and maintenance of project equipment
- Provide capacity enhancement of field rangers
- Smooth and effective coordination with government counterparts and other concern government authorities.
- Good coordination and cooperation with other government agencies and NGOs partners
- Equipment management and maintenance
- Provide on- the-job support, training and capacity building to rangers and community patrol teams including:
- Basic law enforcement and patrolling tactics
- Adaptive patrolling and patrol related on-the-ground decision making
- Proper use of SMART books and work closely with GIS/SMART team to plan and implement the monthly patrol plan effectively.
- Work closely with project manager and technical advisor to seek legal support to enhance effective LE intervention.
- Other training as required
- Equipment use supervision and training
- Ensure WCS Cambodia supported equipment is used and maintained in good manners
- Provide training and capacity building to project team as requires.
- Provide training and handling broken / lost equipment.
- Assist project manager and technical advisor to develop ATT zoning plan.
- Provide technical support and work closely with GIS/SMART team to develop land use plan and mapping.
- Coordinate and conduct village consultation meeting, produce draft zoning sketch map.
- Assist in coordinating and organizing a series of consultation meeting and workshops
- Conduct rapid social economic survey and report.
- Coordinate and organize communal, district and provincial consolation workshop to draft and review the zoning plan.
- Close coordination and cooperation with biodiversity conservation team and local authorities to successfully deliver species conservation, research and monitoring activities.
- Supervise biodiversity monitoring team to regularly collect key bird species data and store them properly in central biodiversity database.
- Advise and support community based biodiversity survey team to planning and implementing biodiversity monitoring base on species biological status and exiting monitoring schedule and guidelines.
Sustainable community-based conservation and livelihood improvement
- Lead on CPA establishment by converting exiting community forest within the MoE’s biodiversity corridor.
- Support and strengthen the CPA committee to run community based-eco-tourism smoothly and effectively.
- Liaison with WCS’s local partner the Sam Veasna Center to handle community-based eco-tourism at the site.
- Conduct training need assessment and provide training to the CPA committee and local guide.
- Support CPA/Eco-tourism committee to keep finance transection correctly and using community budget effectively base on their written by-law.
- Provide training section as need toward sustainable natural recourse management and conservation at community level.
WCS line management reporting
Tonle Sap Landscape Technical Advisor
As well any and all other work assignments, duties, and/or functions as WCS or its management may designate or instruct in the course of its operation, which may include assignments, duties, and/or functions that vary from the above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in natural resources management, environmental conservation and management, and in relevant fields.
- At least 3-4 years of practical experience in any of the following: protected area management and law enforcement, community based conservation, biodiversity monitoring, protected area zoning and management plan development.
- Good knowledge on data analyses and reporting skills.
- Strong verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Able to ride a motorbike under difficult field conditions
- Fluent spoken and written Khmer, spoken and written in English is an advantage but not necessary
- Willingness to obtain new skills
- Experience of working with government line agency staff in an advisory and or training role.
- Willingness to spend considerable time in remote outposts.
- Local knowledge on Ang Trapaing Thmor Protected Landscape is an advantage
WCS provides competitive salary and benefits packages based on educational background and work experiences.
Interested candidates are required to send their cover letters together with cv by combining into one PDF file (with expected salary) by email to email@example.com. Closing date for application is 13th October 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
នៅពេលអ្នកដាក់ពាក្យសំរាប់ការងារនេះ ប្រសិនបើអាចសុំជួយប្រាប់ទៅកាន់ក្រុមហ៊ុនថា "អ្នកបានឃើញការងារនេះក្នុងគេហទំព័រ www.khmeronlinejobs.com".